- Leapsome22.Aug. 2019
At Leapsome we practice what we preach.
Leapsome is dedicated to the improvement of every employee's working life by optimising work environments - this is something one soon realises when working at the company.
For example, through regular feedback sessions, the team at Leapsome ensures that colleagues can be open and honest towards each other which fosters trust. Additionally, team lunches, team events or daily morning check-ins make sure that relationships between colleagues are positive and encouraging.
While there is a clear division of roles at Leapsome, everyone is very approachable. This means that one can always provide even "higher-level" employees with feedback should the goals set be too high or the expectations too unrealistic. This also positively enhances the work atmosphere at the company.
This is definitely one of Leapsome's strengths. Because the business is in its very early stages, every employee gets the chance to take initiative, own their work, and challenge the status quo. This makes the work-life much more enjoyable as each working day presents itself as an exciting opportunity to come up with new and creative ways to optimise Leapsome's pre-existing structures and processes.
The importance of communication is one of the key aspects that the team at Leapsome stresses. The set communication channels, regular team-updates or learning sessions in which each team member can present what they have learnt the last couple of weeks make sure that everyone is up-to-date on what is happening outside of their field of expertise. Additionally, everyone is very open to both, give and receive feedback, which shows that the members of the team can be honest and trusting with each other.
Even though there are clear working-hours at Leapsome, these are very flexible in case of any emergencies that the employees experience. For example, Leapsome is open to its employees working from home in case of sickness. Additionally, working hours can be shifted for doctor's appointments or other pressing issues.
In summary, these are the three main points why I would recommend working at Leapsome:
- Opportunity for growth and development: Because it is a young startup, many processes are not yet set in place, leaving a lot of room for taking initiative and raising your own opinion. You are allowed to (and even encouraged to!) think critically at all times and speak up. Approaching your work with a challenging mindset, you not only become more reflective but also learn a lot.
- Structure and guidance: Even though Leapsome is young, internal processes are well-structured. Communication channels are clear, exchanges between the employees take place frequently and all the information is where it should be. This not only allows for a smooth onboarding process but also increases output and productivity. Additionally, one can always expect to receive support and guidance when needed from one's peers.
- Great team with commonly shared values: Everyone in the team is very kind, supportive and open-minded. This makes for a very comfortable, trusting and honest working environment.
This is not something that I have personally felt, however, I think that working at Leapsome (or in a start-up environment in general) might not be something for everyone. It requires you to be very flexible because many things are changing rapidly and are being re-iterated at a fast-pace. Additionally, as the team at Leapsome is still quite small, the workload can be very large at times, requiring you to work very intensely during your working day. If you are someone who prefers following and executing to actively contributing, Leapsome might not be the right place for you. However, if you like to drive innovation, are ready to accept a challenge, grow both, personally and professionally and want to become a part of a very friendly and supportive team, Leapsome is where you should go!
Folgende Benefits wurden mir geboten
- JobstatusPraktikum in
- Position/Hierarchiekeine Angabe
- UnternehmensbereichVertrieb / Verkauf