Service Engineer (m/f)
Company: RWE Supply & Trading GmbH
Location: Essen or Swindon, Germany (DE)
RWE Supply & Trading, is a leading European energy trading house for commodities in both their physical and derivative forms. As one of Europe’s strongest competitors in the gas industry, we optimise RWE’s entire non-regulated gas business. Our headquarters boast Europe’s largest energy trading floor, complementing additional sites in Europe, the Middle East, Asia and the Americas.
We are looking for a new and committed team member.
- Operating business critical applications used in the context of Energy Trading
- Monitor application processes and workflows as well as configuration and User Management
- Work together with the help desk and the respective application teams on Incidents and Problems; performing related Root Cause analysis while meeting the related Service Levels
- Analysing situations quickly to provide ad hoc solutions
- Working with applications teams and business to develop small enhancements for application in scope and performing needed test before their go-live
- Keep application stakeholders informed on the application status
- Constantly looking for improvement opportunities (functionality/performance) through taking advantage of new technologies or ideas (thinking outside of the box)
- Programming skills in area of Java and/or .NET. Good SQL knowledge as well as experience in at least on scripting language; first experience in Sharepoint development is an asset
- Development lifecycle knowledge – from requirements gathering to deployment
- Experience in working in the IT support area; ITIL knowledge is an asset. Ideally first experience in the area of Energy Trading
- General IT knowledge like Windows, MS Office, databases, web/fat clients, networks etc
- Ability to work well under pressure and to maintain customer focus in difficult situations and being a Team player who communicates effectively with team members, users and business representatives
- Strong communication and team working skills with additional ability to translate IT language into an understandable way to the business in both writing and verbally
- High degree of personal commitment, motivation and ability to work independently as well as readiness for occasional travel and to support application teams 24x7 on a call out basis
- Interesting tasks with direct contact to the applications’ development teams
- Strong influence on shaping the processes in a fast growing team
- Frequently new challenges and interesting topics to work on
- Perspective to take on more responsibilities in the development teams mid term
- Excellent compensation and benefits package
Your contract framework:
Terms of contract: Permanent
Level of employment: Full time
Start date for employment: As soon as possible
Are you interested? Please apply online (Code: 8130). We are looking forward to your complete application documents including motivation letter, CV and relevant certificates. In case of any question please do not hesitate to contact us directly. We look forward to meeting you!
Your Recruiting contact person:
Janina Müller, Tel. +49 201 5179-1241
We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome applications from all sections of the community.
Please find more information about us and your opportunities at RWE here: www.rwe.com/career.
Zurück zur Job-Übersicht