Junior Application Developer (m/f)
Company: RWE Supply & Trading GmbH
Location: Essen, Germany (DE) or Swindon, United Kingdom (GB)
RWE Supply & Trading, is a leading European energy trading house for commodities in both their physical and derivative forms. As one of Europe’s strongest competitors in the gas industry, we optimise RWE’s entire non-regulated gas business. Our headquarters boast Europe’s largest energy trading floor, complementing additional sites in Europe, the Middle East, Asia and the Americas.
We are looking for a new and committed team member.
- Our trading operations are relying on a number of systems providing information in the area of market analysis, position and price management
- Working with applications teams and business to develop small enhancements for application in scope and performing needed test before their go-live
- Analyzing situations quickly to provide ad hoc solutions
- Work together with the help desk and the respective application teams on Incidents and Problems; performing related Root Cause analysis while meeting the related Service Levels
- Keep application stakeholders informed on the application status
- Constantly looking for improvement opportunities (functionality/performance) to reduce the operational risk through taking advantage of new technologies or ideas (thinking outside of the box)
- Studies in the area of IT/business IT
- Ability to work well under pressure and to maintain customer focus in difficult situations; strong communication and team working skills with additional ability to translate IT language into an understandable way to the business in both writing and verbally
- Team player who communicates effectively with team members, users and business representatives
- Programming skills in area of .NET, C# and/or Java Good SQL knowledge as well as experience in at least on scripting language; first experience in Sharepoint development is an asset
- High degree of personal commitment, motivation and ability to work independently as well as readiness for occasional travel
- General IT knowledge like Windows, MS Office (especially MS Excel), databases, web/fat clients, networks etc; development lifecycle knowledge – from requirements gathering to maintenance
- Readiness to support application teams 24x7 on a call out basis; basic knowledge in the area of Energy Trading and/or OpenLink Endur is an asset
- Interesting tasks with direct contact to the customers and other applications development teams
- Strong influence on shaping the processes in a fast growing team
- Frequently new challenges and interesting topics to work on
- The opportunity to get to know the complex world of energy trading
- Perspective to take on more development responsibilities for an application within development teams
- Excellent compensation and benefits package
Your contract framework:
Terms of contract: Permanent
Level of employment: Full time
Start date for employment: As soon as possible
Are you interested? Please apply online (Code:8384). We are looking forward to your complete application documents including motivation letter, CV and relevant certificates. In case of any question please do not hesitate to contact us directly. We look forward to meeting you!
Your Recruiting contact person:
Janina Müller, Tel. +49 201 5179-1241
We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome applications from all sections of the community.
Please find more information about us and your opportunities at RWE here: www.rwe.com/career.
Zurück zur Job-Übersicht