System Engineer (m/f)
Company: RWE Supply & Trading GmbH
Location: Essen or Swindon, Germany (DE)
RWE Supply & Trading, is a leading European energy trading house for commodities in both their physical and derivative forms. As one of Europe’s strongest competitors in the gas industry, we optimise RWE’s entire non-regulated gas business. Our headquarters boast Europe’s largest energy trading floor, complementing additional sites in Europe, the Middle East, Asia and the Americas.
We are looking for a new and committed team member.
- Operating business critical applications used in the context of Energy Trading
- Monitor application processes and workflows
- Configuration and User Management
- Work closely together with business representatives (e.g. traders), the help desk and the respective application teams on quick issue resolutions in the context of on Incident Management and Problem Management; performing related Root Cause analysis
- Analysing situations quickly to provide ad hoc solutions
- Working with applications teams and business to develop small enhancements and performing the needed tests before go-live
- Communication management towards business stakeholders
- Continuous improvement on operations related processes, through e.g. innovative ideas, taking advantage of new technologies
- Willingness to get to know the Energy Trading business and the related supporting IT landscape
- Strong communication skills and team working skills
- Very high motivation to learn and grow
- IT-knowledge and experience in areas like e.g. Windows, MS Office, databases, web/fat clients, networks, software development lifecycle etc.
- Knowledge and experience in the following areas is/are an asset: ITIL, process management and process optimisation
- Experience in one programming language
- First experience in one scripting language
- Minimum 3 year of professional experience
- Readiness to support critical energy trading applications on a 24x7 call out basis
- A job on Europe’s largest Energy Trading Floor
- Modern RWE Supply & Trading company culture with flat hierarchies and a very good team spirit
- Interesting tasks with direct contact to Energy Traders
- Gain further experience in one or more of the following areas: IT Application Development (.NET, Java, SharePoint), IT Support, Monitoring
- Opportunity to grow into multiple directions such as e.g. application development, business analysis
- Strong influence on shaping a newly build team
- Excellent compensation and benefits package (including e.g. cantina, company health centre, company child care, flexible working times etc.)
Your contract framework:
Terms of contract: Permanent
Level of employment: Full time
Start date for employment: As soon as possible
Are you interested? Please apply online (Code: 8965). We are looking forward to your complete application documents including motivation letter, CV and relevant certificates. In case of any question please do not hesitate to contact us directly. We look forward to meeting you!
Your Recruiting contact person:
Janina Müller, Tel. +49 201 5179-1241
We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome applications from all sections of the community.
Please find more information about us and your opportunities at RWE here: www.rwe.com/career.
Zurück zur Job-Übersicht