Global Cloud Architect, vCloud Air Network
Global Cloud Architect, vCloud Air Network
The Global Cloud Architect will be responsible for providing deep technical expertise with regards to Public and Hybrid Cloud opportunities involving key VMware Service Provider partners. The individual will interface directly our strategic Service Providers as well as being the technical liaison with VMware’s internal technical teams in designing and validating vCloud solutions and architectures. In addition to technical architecture support, the vCloud Solutions Architect will collaborate with Product Management and Engineering as the field representative on the support and development of current and future vCloud initiatives.
You will document best practices in developing and deploying VMware solutions, and feed them into our knowledge base as best practices for our service provider partners. You will develop technical solutions focused on the entire vCloud Suite product line and capture or create technical IP to support these solutions. You will obtain product and feature consumption feedback from customers and partners and share it with Product Management and directly contribute to future product and feature development.
You will establish a strong partnership with Product Management and Engineering and act in an oversight role to ensure strong bilateral communication to ensure field readiness with new product directions and capabilities.
• Architect and develop Public, Private and Hybrid Cloud solutions and services based on current hands-on knowledge of the VMware product line, storage, networking, management, and associated customer business processes. Specific emphasis on Service Provider market
• Provide expert technical architectural support and guidance for cloud in the product incubation phase and during the development of emerging solutions and services.
• Develop and maintain technical and business expertise of Cloud industry directions and trends
• Work collaboratively with Product Management and Engineering during the development, launch and continuing refinement of VMware’s vCloud Suite products and solutions.
• Be the conduit back to the field for enablement and readiness for updates and changes to the product roadmap.
• Document service toolkits, best practices & architectural references for developing and deploying VMware Service Provider Cloud solutions
• Recent experience with design, implementation and support of IaaS, PaaS and/or SaaS highly desired.
• 7+ years of infrastructure architecture experience with significant depth around designing, implementing, and managing critical cross-functional integration projects at large Service Provider, Hosting and Telecommunication companies.
• Engagement experience should include IT strategy initiatives, middleware implementations, and leveraging overall technical architecture knowledge across multiple industries.
• The individual should have extensive architectural skills dealing with infrastructure solutions such as systems management and business continuity.
• Expert level knowledge of x86 operating systems, advanced networking, storage architectures and programming experience is desirable
• Proven design and delivery of large-scale/complex deployments of multi-VMware & 3rd-party product architectures
• Experienced and credible C-suite advisor with strong customer-facing and relationship-building skills
• Demonstrated experience in evangelizing new product / solution technologies at or before market introduction
• Demonstrated ability to provide impactful knowledge exchange within peer communities through mentoring, workshops, direct customer engagements and official training forums
• Demonstrated technical community leadership in capturing, developing, and sharing IP with the community at large as well as specific individuals to raise competencies
• “Start-up" creativity and execution - enthusiasm, technical credibility without hubris, and follow-through
• Demonstrated critical thinking and advanced troubleshooting skills and qualities
• Demonstrated experience and deep understanding of industry capabilities and trends within area of focus
• Proven track record of selling services as part of a solution
• Ability to see and present "the big picture" through strong listening and question-based selling skills
• Must be effective in working both independently and in a team setting • Strong consulting soft skills and tactful conflict management skills
• Ability to uncover business challenges and develop a custom solution to solve those challenges
• Excellent communication skills both written and oral, are required
• Be willing to travel across EMEA on a regular basis
• Software development skills are a plus
• A Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, related field or equivalent experience