Business Solution Architect
Business Solution Architect
The Business Solution Architect serves as a senior consultative resource to the major accounts segment of VMware’s business. The Busines Solution Architect routinely engages both internally and externally with Director, VP and C-level staff providing critical perspective and guidance on strategy, investments and innovation drawing upon their depth and breadth of technical and business impact knowledge.
The Business Solution Architect will report into the PreSales organization at the appropriate regional level. The Business Solution Architect will work with the account teams based on a strategic account plan.
The goal will be to facilitate ongoing projects and help to start new initiatives and sell VMware solutions.
The Busines Solution Architect will have a rich network of contacts and relationships within VMware and also with the VMware customer base focusing on major accounts in the region.
The customer architects, CIO/CTO, account team, sales and services management are fundamental relationships that must be established to be able to function in the role. Additionally, the Business Solution Architect must create and develop relationships with both the Global Account Team, the regional directors, engineering, executive management and key technology partners in order to be successful.
Key Performance Objectives:
The objectives for the role of the Business Solution Architect are to accelerate growth in share of wallet, spread best practices among account teams and elevate strategic mindshare with those accounts. The Business Solution Architect creates and articulates customer-specific technology solutions in a compelling way.
The goal is to become a thought leader and trusted advisor to enterprise CIOs, CTOs, CTO office, VPs of Infrastructure, VPs of Applications, enterprise architects and IT strategists influencing the future overall architecture of these accounts based on the benefits of VMware’s solutions, services and visions.
Measurement of performance to the objectives will be provided primarily by revenue associated with the projects participated in by the Business Solution Architect.
Since the Business Solution Architect augments and assists a sales team, experience as a technical leader within a regional team is a desirable requirement.
Sales acumen, IT industry experience, previous technical account management roles are all critical requirements for the Solution Architect.
The candidate has already established high level customer relationships and is actively working on CTO office level today.
• An understanding of the financial and technical challenges faced with running a modern data centre
• The ability to articulate and understand VMware technology and the benefits that can be applied with applications of VMware solutions to customer environments
• A strong understanding of competitive technologies, competitor positioning, counter-arguments and emerging technologies that could be both cooperative and competitive
• Skills and knowledge in the areas of project & risk management, business finance and strategic account planning would be advantageous
• 3+ years recent experience with data center IT architecture design, including enterprise applications, security, systems management, business continuity solutions
• Proven track record of selling services as part of a solution
• Ability to see and present "the big picture" and offer solutions to make it better
• Strong customer-facing and relationship building skills
• Ability to travel up to 50 percent of the time, including international if necessary
• Charismatic personality
VMware is the leader in cloud infrastructure, business mobility and virtualization software. A pioneer in the use of virtualization and policy-driven automation technologies, VMware simplifies IT complexity across the entire data center to the virtual workplace, empowering customers with solutions in the software-defined data center to hybrid cloud computing and the mobile workspace.
With 2014 revenues of $6.04 billion, VMware has more than 500,000 customers, 75,000 partners, and 18,000+ employees in 120+ locations around the world. At the core of what we do are our employees who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community. Want to be part of a compassionate community that thrives on architecting what's next in IT? Learn more at vmware.com/careers.