NSX Systems Engineer
NSX Systems Engineer
The NSX Systems Engineer will be responsible for providing deep technical expertise with regards to VMware NSX opportunities\. The individual will interface directly with our customers and partners as well as being the technical liaison with VMware’s internal technical teams\.
As a VMware Network Virtualization Systems Engineer, you will be responsible for driving the technical sales cycles to ensure customer success and revenue goals derived from VMware NSX\. You will be completely focused on selling the value of VMware Network Virtualization and Security which includes technology from VMware and Nicira\.
• Present VMware NSX vision and technologies, strategy, and product roadmaps to executives, technical management and technical engineers\.
• Maintain deep technical and business knowledge of cloud computing and networking applications, industry directions, and trends\.
• Maintain working knowledge of competitive architectures\.
• Assist sales in preparation of proposals, statement of work, and supporting documents for prospects\.
• Work collaboratively with sales associates, product management, technical marketing and engineering during the development, launch and continuing refinement of NSBU products\.
• Maintain, grow, and leverage technical pre\-sales relationships with key partner field organizations and VMware System Engineers\.
• Understand and articulate the impact of Network Virtualization and Security to a customer’s physical IP network, operations and future network and networking security architectures\.
• 5\+ years’ experience in technology related work, including pre\-sales systems engineer or customer\-facing engineer working on large scale enterprise, federal and service provider environments\.
• Understand what it takes to be a successful pre\-sales systems engineer\.
• Startup mentality \- “whatever it takes”\.
• Core values and traits
o Independent, yet a huge desire to give back to your team
o Passionate about technology and its impact on customers
o Competitive by nature
• Social intelligence to see the political dynamics of any customer situation\.
• Enthusiastic and charismatic presentation skills\.
• Hypervisor hands on and architecture experience in at least one of the following: VMware / Xen / KVM\.
• Experience or good understanding of any of the following cloud management systems: OpenStack, CloudStack, vCloud Automation Center \(vCAC\), vCloud Director \(vCD\)
• Understand datacenter networking fabric topologies and common architectures deployed both Layer 2 and Layer 3 based\.
• Ability to communicate with Network Architects
• Translate customer requirements and quantify them to bring back to product management\.
• Must be comfortable and have a desire for hands\-on duties supporting customers during product demonstrations, training, and PoCs
• Ability to run NSX Proof of Concepts onsite with customers and project manage the entire activity
• Ability to deliver basic NSX training & workshop sessions as part of the pre\-sales process
Here at VMware we are continuously looking for top talent\. The position you are applying for is within a high growth area of our business\. In applying for this position you will receive a response but the position may not be active at the time of your application
Advertised Location \(Select only ONE location\)
VMware is the leader in virtualization and cloud infrastructure solutions that enable businesses to thrive in the Cloud Era\. A pioneer in the use of virtualization and policy\-driven automation technologies, VMware simplifies IT complexity across the entire data center to the virtual workplace, empowering customers with solutions in the software\-defined data center to hybrid cloud computing and the mobile workspace\.
With 2013 revenues of $5\.21 billion, VMware has more than 500,000 customers, 55,000 partners, and 14,000\+ employees in 50\+ locations around the world\. At the core of what we do are our employees who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community\. Want to be part of a compassionate community that thrives on architecting what’s next in IT? Learn more at vmware\.com/careers\.
LinkedIn Recruiter Account Email
Advertised Group \(Place a checkmark to select multiple groups\)