Technical System Engineer Intern
Technical System Engineer Intern
Systems Engineers are the technical specialists of our pre\-sales community, they work with our customers to ensure their technical needs are fully understood and deliver solutions to consistently exceed their expectations\.
As an intern on this team you will get an opportunity to work with a variety of leading VMware technologies, as well as interact with our valued customers to develop the skills to become a trusted advisor adding a business and client relationship context to your role as the technical systems engineer\.
You’ll be working alongside the pre\-sales team and will be assigned a mentor to help you ramp up in this role\. Our Pre\-sale team have a variety of tools available for them to help them engage with customers and understand VMware technology\.
As an Intern your job would be to help analyse which tools are most affective in the current period and how to best expand the use of these tools\. You will have a dedicated project to work on which will focus on reviewing and evaluating these current Pre\-Sale tools available within VMware\. As well as that you will have the opportunity to attain number of certifications such as: VSP, VTSP and EUC accreditation\.
Successful candidates will get the opportunity to grow in our flexible and dynamic environment, challenge their thinking, and influence the future of technology\.
• Develop and maintain deep technical understanding of VMware’s solution sets, architecture and full product line\.
• Provide support to customers, partners and other Systems Engineers\. This would cover technical pre\-sales questions, quantified solution verification\.
• Provide support to the VMware Field SE, sales team and channel partners in pursuit of virtual infrastructure business opportunities\.
• Gain prospects' technical recommendation to develop a business relationship with VMware and its channel partners\.
• Perform a variety of tasks including product overviews, customized presentations and demonstrations, proposal development, advanced product evaluations and product feature/benefit discussions\.
• Good understanding of Windows Desktop OS as a user
• Experience with server based OS will be an advantage
• Demonstrate an aptitude for learning new tools and techniques
• Strong attribute to work hands on with high technology, software and cloud computing
• Able to communicate complex technical detail and engage the customer and colleagues in a proposed solution
• Motivated towards an engaging and fast paced career, with focus on personal development and learning
• An active participator in a team environment, contributing to the success and achieving of the overall objective
Before you join, VMware will require you to go through a pre\-employment screening process\. This means that we will want to verify your details and the information you have given us to ensure your suitability for a certain role\.
Advertised Location \(Select only ONE location\)
VMware is the leader in cloud infrastructure, business mobility and virtualization software\. A pioneer in the use of virtualization and policy\-driven automation technologies, VMware simplifies IT complexity across the entire data center to the virtual workplace, empowering customers with solutions in the software\-defined data center to hybrid cloud computing and the mobile workspace\.
With 2014 revenues of $6\.04 billion, VMware has more than 500,000 customers, 75,000 partners, and 18,000\+ employees in 120\+ locations around the world\. At the core of what we do are our employees who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community\. Want to be part of a compassionate community that thrives on architecting what's next in IT? Learn more at vmware\.com/careers\.
Is this a remote or multiple location position?
Level of Job \(LinkedIn\)
Advertised Group \(Place a checkmark to select multiple groups\)