What We Stand For
Leveling the playing field
For too long, workplace decisions have been biased towards the employer. We’re here to stand up for the people. As the original employment review platform, we arm workers everywhere with information that should keep any first day “what have I done” experiences from happening.
Through genuine reviews, company ratings and industry rankings, we give proactive people looking for their ideal workplace—and forward thinking companies who want to be engaged with their employees—more control over finding the right employment fit. It’s the transparency everyone deserves and the clarity we all need to improve our work lives.
Why It Matters
- The average American spends about 90,000 hours at work in a lifetime. Better to enjoy it, right?
- We believe everyone—from the intern and office manager on up—should have a voice that’s welcome, appreciated and unfiltered thanks to a cloak of anonymity.
- Through transparency, inclusivity and empathy, we’re creating a better work life for all, one review at a time
How We Got Here
- Long before peer reviews were commonplace, brothers Martin and Mark Poreda had the bold idea of putting genuine company information at the hands of people taking an active approach to their career development
- Founded in Vienna, Austria in 2007, global business social network XING AG acquired kununu in 2013. While kununu is apart of the XING AG family, kununu runs autonomously in the US and EU.
- In 2016 kununu and Monster Worldwide entered a joint venture to bring genuine transparency to a US market that needs it more than ever. The company is headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts.