- Advanced Concepts Enterprises12.Jan 2016
Support from management
Company leaders are internally focused and have little to no regard for employee comments.
Little to no advancement but this was an instructor billet - not the company's fault.
Overall compensation for your work
Pay was okay until pay was cut 20% after winning an under-bid contract renewal. Policy concerning use of vacation time is the WORST I've ever seen and there is no sick time.
Every monthly employee meeting included talk of possible force reduction. Never felt secure in job.
Suggestions for improvement
- Wake up! Most civilian instructors at NAVSCOLEOD do the job because they WANT to and ENJOY the work. You could make it less painful for them/us if you just would. I've run the numbers; it wouldn't cost THAT much to keep your instructors happy and ensure their loyalty. But that really isn't the corporate culture anymore - is it. Lastly, why did you send out this survey? Did you actually expect a positive result?
What I like about the company
Loved my work. Absolutely LOVED it!
What I dislike about the company
You required me to use vacation time or unpaid time for NAVSCOLEOD closures that were outside my control. Not possible to accrue much practically useable vacation time using that model. When this was brought up, you blamed it on the "contract" and the character of your response was total ambivalence. When sick time was brought up, your response was equally tepid.
The following benefits were offered to me
- CompanyAdvanced Concepts Enterprises
- Are you a Current or Former Employee?Former job since 2008
- DepartmentHuman resources/recruiting