- Alpena General Hospital24.Nov 2015
There is truly an unfair separation of have and have nots and management vs workers.
Support from management
employees need to be included more in their and others improvement markers.
Team work in the ER dept was not found across the board only with a separate few. Improvement needed.
Office / Work Environment
Noise is kept at a minimum as much as a hospital can be, it was improving as working continued - many improvement were planned , however still in retro compared to other hospitals and clinics that utilized alternative energies and updated lighting to prevent strain and buoyant flooring. This was not and will not be incorporated with this current staff.
Suggestions for improvement
- New and progressive thinking and acting on those progressive ideals, concierge service for employee's. Interactive employee website . free or below 10$per paycheck insurance and medical care co-pay or no co-pay. Better lighting meant for vitamin d deficiencies = better workers. Better flooring meant for shock absorption. Attitude of gratitude and humility. cater to your nurses and aides. Invest in a consulting company to point out areas in drastic need of improvement. facility improvement needed and internal and management improvements in general attitudes that need to start first before it will affect general population of facility.
What I like about the company
It was improving albeit slowly. Location .'
Improving slowly, hometown site, unionized, best pay for area, largest employer for area beside cement plant.
Meals are good and able to order during day times.
What I dislike about the company
Old building still used, poor customer response and satisfaction, poor nurse retention, poor education overall, still allows dr's to be inappropriate with staff and clients, dr's allow to verbally loud and treat workers and clients as insubordinates. No free meals . No daycare. No flexible hours . Not a magnet hospital. Archaic ideals and attitudes. only offer cancer treatments to a certain degree, no other specialization and has run off other fine doctors. Keeps bad /poor workers and hires friends only. (part of union problem).
The following benefits were offered to me
- CompanyAlpena General Hospital
- Are you a Current or Former Employee?Former job since 2010
- DepartmentHigher-level services in healthcare and nursing