- American Heart Association - Capital Region17.Jan 2016
No fairness or trust
Support from management
Teamwork was there, we bonded over having the same frustrations.
Freedom to work independently
Fundraising must be done exactly as AHA dictates. I won awards one day and the next day a bad review
They communicated however it was often questioned
Majority are women
Attitude towards older colleagues
AHA does attempt to do this.
Overall compensation for your work
All good, however unrealistic goals make bonuses almost impossible
Office / Work Environment
One area that was good
Did not appear to be a priority
Something is always going on making it difficult to take vacation, must plan ahead. The job is with you 24/7
Public image is good but a lot of unrest internally
Restructuring happened all the time, I had 7 VP's in 9 years
This is what kept me going 9 years!
Inclusive / Diverse
Suggestions for improvement
- Many have offered suggestions but they aren't taken to heart. Nationally AHA might be good but the great rivers affiliate is not. I've been in my new job for 1 1/2 years now and I can't believe I endured this unhealthy unprofessional environment.
What I like about the company
My immediate co-workers
What I dislike about the company
The following benefits were offered to me
- CompanyAmerican Heart Association - Capital Region
- CityHarrisburg, pa
- Are you a Current or Former Employee?Former job since 2007
- DepartmentMarketing/product management