- BakerCorp03.Feb 2019
Employees were over worked and under paid. New CEO was appointed 5 years ago and work force was cut by 20%. Almost all employees who had been employed for longer than 10 years were laid off.
Support from management
No. I hope the situation improved, because 90% of the people I worked with were great. But the other 10% were terrible.
Freedom to work independently
Some times, but often managers were not clear on priorities of projects.
Unreasonable expectations on workload. If someone left company or was laid off the person was not replaced. I absorbed 2 other employees workload, and was constantly trying to catch up.
No. Women were under paid and given the lowest raises at review time. Compensation packages/bonus pay was constantly being changed and lowered. Office personnel were often reclassified so they were expected to work ot ever day for no compensation.
Attitude towards older colleagues
Overall compensation for your work
No. I stayed with the company because it was close to home. Very underpaid.
Office / Work Environment
No, office was in old wearhouse, heating and cooling constantly need attention. I worked for them for 15 years and the carpeting was never shampooed.
Only paper recycling.
The company overworked all of their employees and paided as low a wage that they could possibly get away with. Drivers constantly had to work overtime, to meet the customer/companies needs. Also drivers were underpaid, and needed the overtime to provid
I am proud of the work I did. I helped drag them into the computer age.
You never know if your position was stable.
Always concerned with safety and yard and drivers held weekly meetings
The work waschallang, Ialways had projects to work on when I wasn't handling customer calls.
Inclusive / Diverse
Possible, but this company was technologically challenged.
Suggestions for improvement
- Living wage for California employees. Use up to date technology for the industry. Hire enough people to do the job.
What I like about the company
I made some good friends while I worked for them. I also learned more about environmental regulations in California and the construction industry. Also chemical compatibility with different types of metals and linings and polyethylene tanks and about fi
What I dislike about the company
Pay structure, constantly being changed.
The following benefits were offered to me
- Are you a Current or Former Employee?Former employee