- Bertram Dental Laboratory23.Aug 2016 (Last edit 26.Aug 2016)
Support from management
Can be told to do two things that are opposite one another in the same day (e.g. Speed up! and then Slow Down!)
Office / Work Environment
The temperature control is terrible, a lot of the equipment needs to be replaced, desks are either too short or too tall.
The management and supervisors speak fondly of the company, along with a few favorites, but the standard employees are not fond of the company in general.
They are constantly hiring, firing, and rehiring.
Suggestions for improvement
- Remove current management in certain departments and replace with level-headed and professional employees.
- Put emphasis on treating all employees fairly and with respect.
- Give written and verbal warnings to any employee overheard slandering another employee.
- Make employee goals clear and attainable; Do not tell employees to work faster and faster, regardless of if they have gotten faster. Many employees state they feel like they are a horse being whipped to catch a target that is impossible to catch.
- Give employees the option to take either two paid 15-minute breaks or an unpaid 30-minute lunch. Many employees complain that they want to stretch their legs and body, but cannot afford to.
What I like about the company
The work itself is not bad typically once you know how to do it. Every now and again you will get a certain model that is very difficult to do, but being able to work while listening to audio on a MP3 device can help make it easier to work through.
What I dislike about the company
The management cannot manage at all. Instead of resolving issues they brush them under the rug and hope that they go away, and they also gossip about fellow coworkers causing whichever worker that is to be viewed down upon by all that are listening. The management gets extremely upset and take things personal whenever they need to correct an employee, and they are very rude and demeaning to the employees they are not friends with.
The following benefits were offered to me
- CompanyBertram Dental Laboratory
- Are you a Current or Former Employee?n/a