- Bluescope Construction, Inc.25.Nov 2015
Company policies strictly prohibit Nepotism but it runs rampant within this organization resulting in excellent candidates departing on their own as well as being forced out of the ranks of this organization.
Support from management
Self serving attitude strongly exhibited by some lead staff
Tools for excellent team building exists but barriers of nepotism strongly prohibit team building efforts
Goes both way's if you deal with the right people. Otherwise, forget about it.
Opportunities for all.
Attitude towards older colleagues
This organization realizes the potential in experience and the knowledge that goes with it
Average at best.
Overall compensation for your work
Hold out for what you are looking for in a compensation package.
Somewhat of an arrogant attitude towards remote work locations and their respective trades.
You work your assigned time and retain the time and ability toenjoy life at the same time
In remote project locations, the reputation of this organization does not fare well.
Nepotism drives all opportunities.
They do answer the phone.
Intense safety policy resulting in low to no injury rate.
Kind of boring as many tasks are over manned.
Inclusive / Diverse
Nepotism drives an extreme lack of diversity
Suggestions for improvement
- House cleaning of all employed relatives, especially where family members are put in charge of others within the same family. It is rampant here and results in verbal and retaliatory actions towards non family members.
- Overall, I would avoid this organization, especially with the opportunities made available in the open jobs market.
What I like about the company
Not much really.
What I dislike about the company
Nepotism and the attitude of denial that nepotism exists is a very visible problem. It goes directly against the policies dictated by the parent company and the written policy of this organization.
The following benefits were offered to me
- CompanyBluescope Construction, Inc.
- CityKansas City
- Are you a Current or Former Employee?Former job since 2013