- Boys & Girls Club of Lake County09.Feb 2016
Safety was emphasized for the most part.
Inclusive / Diverse
One of the most challenging jobs I've ever had. Very racists towards minorities in particular African Americans. All of the promotions happened with Caucasian staff.
Suggestions for improvement
- Change of leadership altogether. Replace with directors who are more about the communities they serve verses opportunists who are looking to raise funds publicly and non-disclosed (seldomly issued properly or equally for quality programming).
- Hire board members and directors that directly reflect and care about the community they serve not predators looking to capitalize off "undeserved communities" for tax write offs and other perks.
What I like about the company
The mission is supposed to be about the children they serve.
What I dislike about the company
They were the most racially challenging organization I have ever worked for. I have never seen such a blatant implementation of nepotism, and promotion within the organization ONLY amongst Caucasian staff. Very racist towards minority staff especially African Americans. Never before witnessed such a high turnover amongst staff ever within my professional career.
- CompanyBoys & Girls Club of Lake County
- CityNorth Chicago
- Are you a Current or Former Employee?Former job since 2012