- Bristol Herald Courier29.Aug 2017
Bad, uncaring, aloof and very hands off.
Support from management
The upper management is aloof and standoffish. They are not very inclusive and the employee happiness or culture are not a high priority.
Overall compensation for your work
The pay for hourly employees is very low and we have been told point blank by our management there is no yearly review or raise. It's all on merit so if you are in a job that is in production or even advertising, basically, you don't get a raise.
Office / Work Environment
The lighting was just replaced to Retinal burn it now so bright. The air quality is questionable as people are always sick. The phone system is not very good.
They don't really care much about work home life balance. You do have paid time off and you can take it, but it's not a very supportive or caring place to work.
There is one handicapped accessable bathroom in the entire building, and only one employee entrance is accessable.
Suggestions for improvement
- Take a look at some new thriving business and see how treating your employee with respect and value can make your employees feel valued and more of an asset the productivity would increase as employees contentment breeds an atmosphere of productivity and prosperity.
What I like about the company
The health insurance is decent and the vacation/time off is good.
What I dislike about the company
The low pay, the management feels unapproachable, internal communication is bad, the technology is outdated, and the feeling of being undervalued as an employee breeds discontent.
The following benefits were offered to me
- CompanyBristol Herald Courier
- Are you a Current or Former Employee?Current employee
- DepartmentMarketing/product management