- Bulkmatic Transport Company04.Apr 2017
Suggestions for improvement
- Stop trying to save every dime possible. Customers are pulling out, giving you less business and/or threatening to walk because of all of the shortcuts you are taking on the budget. The place is ramming far too "lean", and the terminal shows it. There's no time to get any housekeeping or maintenance done, and it only happens at the cost of loaders being asked to work overtime when there's a customer coming out or there's ano audit in the following days.
- You want a better terminal and better company? Get a leader in that terminal, not a dictator who barks what to do, but doesn't have a clue as to what is being done or even how to do it. Get a leader in there that will lead by example, and take some interest in the work that is making the company revenue, not just complain when it's not done in the time they think it should. Look at the turnover rate in the last year. It's almost 30%. That should tell you something.
What I like about the company
Healthcare insurance and 401k is comparable to any other decent plans offered elsewhere. Wages are fair.
What I dislike about the company
Low morale, cut throat atmosphere, poor work/home life balance. Get begged to work overtime one minute, and rushed to get out another. Management truly doesn't understand what the job entails, or any of the problens that can arrive, and expects sometimes unrealistic goals. Training program is on a time available basis, so if you don't already have ample experience, good luck. Also, no time off options except vacation; no paid time off, no sick days, no options for being away from work what so ever unless you use vacation time. Including if you use FILA. You must use all of your vacation time up before taking FMLA.
The following benefits were offered to me
- CompanyBulkmatic Transport Company
- CityChicago Heights
- Are you a Current or Former Employee?Current employee