- C&S Wholesale Grocers, Inc.16.Aug 2017
Human Usage Mill
Suggestions for improvement
- A complete makeover of upper management is needed. A company sale would do C&S a lot of good. Penny pinching owners are the principle reason for the company's cultural issues.
What I like about the company
Safety is a major component within the culture, however this is used to cap in the incentive pay that is offered based on productivity standards.
What I dislike about the company
There is a great deal of favoritism within the warehouse and office environment. If they like you, you can miss all the days you want; if they don't, the rules will guide you out of a job. Also, even with tuition assistance, there is simply no room for growth if your part of an internal 'black list.' Supervision is lackluster towards 'superior' or 'favored' employees. The company holds back on your promotions or transfers to other positions within it simply based on its own needs. Very little work/life balance, and they will use the "24 hour rule" to force people to work overtime as needed.
The following benefits were offered to me
- CompanyC&S Wholesale Grocers, Inc.
- Are you a Current or Former Employee?Former job since 2015
- DepartmentLogistics/materials management