The company is a good place to work if you want to make a career out of it. The younger you start the better it is going forward.
This is mixed. Some colleagues form teams of friendships so they would help that team verses another person unless they were told to but the Night crew is usually the best teams because they are the last shift and all want to come back and not let a tech be outside alone at the end "ESPECIALLY in the WINTER!!" I developed Some great friendships at the depot I worked at. At the end of the day it's still a business and people have there own lives to go back to.
Management is Soso supervisors the same. Some great and others well .... it's what it is
Freedom to work independently
With this job your working alone 85% of the time, that's how the life of a tech is. The other 15% you can be on a project with another tech or you can be helping somone that's running behind.
As a field service tech there aren't any women where I worked because of the type of work we had to do but they are welcome to apply without behind denied a chance.
Attitude towards older colleagues
Age really isn't an issue here. I worked with techs that were in there 50s and showing these young bucks how to do things better and safer.
As long as your physically and mentally able to do the job, then that's what matters.
If you come in the business young enough then there's plenty of opportunities to grow within the complany as long as you show the drive and skills to advance.
Overall compensation for your work
Pay wise could be better to what skills you have. But the hours are there especially during and after storms and natural disasters.
Office / Work Environment
You have to creat your own comfort. If it doesn't feel right then fix it or get with a senior tech to find a way to make you more comfortable
Yes and no and I am going to leave it right there.
As a field tech there's always work!!!! If you want the hours and can show you know what your doing then the hours are there for the taking.. if you just want to work your 8 hours then go home then it's "still ok" but when others are running behind and you just leave at your time then you won't make much friends.
You can balance it out if you have to but it's tricky but doable.
Great company. If this company is where I moved too now in FL I would join back in a heart beat.
Theses cable companies in FL would lose hands down to optimum if they ever came here.
As a field service technician is is very very hard to get fired. Some techs resign or quit due to mixed reasons but it's hard to mess up that bad.
This company is all about safety. They have meetings weekly and part of tech discussion is safely first.
Almost every day is a challenge for the most part. When you get a route you never know what the situations are going to be when you get to the customers house or business.
To be honest I kinda liked that because it made it fun. A job without challenges gets boring pretty quick!!
Your mood can vary from customer to customer but for most part most of my customers gave me a reason to smile "key word is most!!l
Inclusive / Diverse
For the most part your opinions do make a difference but as long as it's a majority that presents it. Single opinions tend to get sweept under the rug.
There is a very diverse team though with many different cultures which is great.