- Cascade Warehouse Company20.Jan 2016
No one was commended on their work, you were just told that you never could meet the goals.And of course you were lucky you had a job.
Support from management
For years there was leadership and employees sallied around the owners,that changed.
The subordinates worked well together but there was one fair haired that didn't get along with most folks. He was looking for a higher position though.
Freedom to work independently
The employees had no say into the work load and were reminded they were lucky to have jobs.
NO communication what so ever. No input except for the safety committee meetings. Then you better not expect action.
Attitude towards older colleagues
Well most employees over the age of 50 were gone from the office and management in the past four or five years. You figure it out.
Advancement didn't exist because of the nepotism in the company. No room for members of management that were not family.
Overall compensation for your work
Fair at best.
You were reminded that no employee needs two weeks off at one time. Some were told they couldn't take vacation at the requested times.
There are not that many satisfied employees. For year the employees were stable and balanced in the past three year the turnover was climbing
Only if you are family
Here is their only shinning star.
NO. You'd have to experience it.
Inclusive / Diverse
No, this company managed by reaction not goals.
Suggestions for improvement
- Take a look at your policies like nepotism, no family members on board. You schooled them now make them go out and find their way in the world. Loose the "you're lucky to have a job attitude, " these cultures are not in tune with the professionalism of business these days. You're lucky to have had solid employees that were trustworthy even when you said none were.
What I like about the company
When I went to work for Cascade Warehouse the employee meant something. People were commended there was a feeling of appreciation for the employee,they had quarterly bonuses, there was a profit sharing program with the 401 K.
What I dislike about the company
Over the past years the bonuses went away, the profit sharing went away employees were seen as a needed rotation to keep pay role low., more turnover more starting wages. No chance for advancement as the kids were all graduating college and they need to work for the company.
The following benefits were offered to me
- CompanyCascade Warehouse Company
- Are you a Current or Former Employee?Former job since 2016
- DepartmentMarketing/product management