- Champions After School Programs29.Dec 2015
Working conditions are okay but staff are spread so thin that I'm surprised more accidents don't happen.
Suggestions for improvement
- Give more support to site staff. Pay the teachers and assistants and site directors more. Make sure there are PLENTY of materials for your site. Back up your staff when there are kids who are causing problems at the site, so that they aren't taking up the the time and energy of staff onsite.
- Pay everyone more. Childcare is a profession and should be treated as such.
What I like about the company
My staff was amazing. They work really hard and obviously love the kids.
What I dislike about the company
The management team isn't supportive and hardly ever visit your site. They run the program on a shoestring and don't make themselves available onsite to deal with kids who are struggling with the program structure. The management cuts the budget periodically so that that there's room for bonuses for the people at the top. Meanwhile, the people on the ground, dealing with the kids and families everyday are making peanuts and don't get health insurance.
The following benefits were offered to me
- CompanyChampions After School Programs
- CitySan Diego
- Are you a Current or Former Employee?Former job since 2015