Our Mission - Why We Exist
To extend the healing ministry of Jesus Christ.
Our Core Values - What We Believe In
- Dignity: Respect for the worth every person, recognition and commitment to the value of diverse individuals and perspectives, and special concern for the poor and underserved.
- Integrity: Honesty, justice, and consistency in all relationships.
- Excellence: High standards of service and performance.
- Compassion: Service in a spirit of empathy, love, and concern.
- Stewardship: Wise and just use of talents and resources in a collaborative manner.
Our Vision - What We Are Striving to Do.
CHRISTUS HEALTH, a Catholic health ministry, will be a leader, a partner, and an advocate the creation of innovative health and wellness solutions that improve the lives of individuals and communities so that all may experience God's healing presence and love.
Our Name and Symbol - Who We Are
CHRISTUS is Latin for "Christ," and proclaims publicly the core of our mission. Our name choice also recognizes the heritage of our two congregational sponsors, the Sisters of Charity of the Incarnate Word in Houston and San Antonio. Jesus Christ is the Incarnate Word, the Word of God made flesh. It is, therefore, only fitting that it is in another form of His name that our health ministries are called together.
Our symbols reflects the healing ministry of Jesus Christ— a combination of a medical cross and a religious cross. The flowing banner on the cross is a common symbol of the risen Christ, while the royal purple signifies Christ. The flowing banner also conveys a sense of motion as we move forward into a new era of service to our communities.