- Coffey Communications24.May 2019
Beautiful office, but no one talks with each other in break rooms or eats together. You wouldn't know so many people worked there if you didn't look into cubicles.
Support from management
I attempted to give feedback to management about my struggles fitting into my team and was essentially told to figure it out on my own. I was also accused by my manager of lying when explaining procedures that were told to me by a senior employee.
My personal teamwork experience was very poor. Manager spread too thin to know what was going on, and teammates who were supposed to be mentors were encouraged to report any mistakes no matter how small, and made it clear from day 1 that they were not interested in inviting another member to their team. I felt invisible on my team due to extreme passive aggressive behavior.
Freedom to work independently
Overly "free". There was never any guidance or comradery from my team. I was afraid any questions I asked would be reported to management (since I saw emails where they had been), so I had to figure everything out on my own.
Depending on the department and individuals communication is ok. Some departments are terrible communicators though, and there's always an overshadowing sense that all are afraid of management and of losing their jobs.
People moved around a fair amount in the office, but mostly because they were trapped with golden handcuffs. Couldn't afford to leave.
Overall compensation for your work
You couldn't pay me enough to work in a place like this again
Office / Work Environment
Stiflingly silent and cold (emotionally). Florescent lights and most employees worked with earbuds to escape the silence. At potlucks most people would grab a plate in silence and head back to their cubicle to eat in silence.
Would have been fine if I hadn't collapsed out of exhaustion and stress each day when I got home. The negativity and fear in the office was oppressive.
My team said little to me, but what they did say was mostly about fear of losing their jobs.
Everyone was stressed and overworked. I didn't meet anyone who expressed satisfaction with their work-load.
Inclusive / Diverse
White, white, white.
Suggestions for improvement
- Believe in your employees and lift them up. Don't rely on tattling and don't ask team members to both mentor and report any slight mistake. If you do, make sure you don't have them email you negative feedback if team members have access to each other's emails. Hire more managers so that they can be more involved. Foster an atmosphere where there's more transparency and no question that can't be asked. Create a safe environment where employees work to build each other up, not tear each other down. Encourage employees to fail fast and often. We learn from our failures and will be more innovative when given permission to fail.
What I like about the company
What I dislike about the company
The insurance was terrible. I would've been better-off paying out of pocket (this in addition to everything I mentioned above).
The following benefits were offered to me
- CompanyCoffey Communications
- CityWalla Walla
- Are you a Current or Former Employee?Former employee
- DepartmentLogistics/materials management