- Combined Computer Resources Inc14.Jan 2016
At first placement, communication is wide open. If position is a long term contract, they tend to stop talking to you. For instance, my contract was recently changed and I was not informed of the change until I asked my rep. She didn't have an update for me and said she would get back to me. A few days later, she calls and tells me my contract (which had 7 more months) had been modified and was ending in 2 weeks.
Attitude towards older colleagues
Experience rather than age plays a factor in your hiring and positioning with clients.
I don't believe (in the years I have been a consultant) they have never offered any sort of career development opportunity.
This is a temporary agency, by definition the positions are not secure.
Suggestions for improvement
- 1) Modernize - direct deposit and automated payroll would make the company and consultant's lives easier. 2) More communication for longer term contract employees. We feel left in the wind. 3) If you are going to offer a benefit such as 401K, be flexible with the forms. I'm sorry my residence burned down and I lost the form. It wasn't the first thing on my mind that day.
What I like about the company
Placement - I was placed in a position within 48 hrs of them contacting me.
What I dislike about the company
1) No direct deposit options - corporate office is in NJ and I am in WI. Checks are mailed to me so I get them 3 days later than the corporate office does. I have even had checks lost in the mail for WEEKS. Because they pay biweekly, I didn't get a check for nearly a month when it was lost in the mail.
2) Only benefit I was ever offered was a 401K option. Instead, if you lose the one form they send you, you do NOT get another chance to enroll. They will not send you another form.
3) Payroll submissions - In the years I have been a consultant, they have changed the way payroll is submitted 4 times. Today they require an email or handwritten facsimile (client authorized before submission of course).
- CompanyCombined Computer Resources Inc
- Are you a Current or Former Employee?Current employee