- Community Nurse and Home Care10.Mar 2016
Company culture is predicated on being a favorite or being popular.
Support from management
Supervisors engage in micromanaging unrealistic priorities. They do not engage actively in employee support, only productivity outcome to the detriment of employee health and wellbeing. Nurse case managers cannot make autonomous decisions.
colleages do not work well together as a team as they are always looking out for their own welfare in an atmosphere of paranoia.
Freedom to work independently
Being a field case manager should have some autonomy but it doesn't.
minimal equality as there is too much favoritism.
Office / Work Environment
working conditions are cramped. You are in a room with lots of phones and trying to contact patients at home. You cannot hear yourself think because of all the noise. The company does not have enough parking and ecourages employees to park elsewhere and walk.
Right now I do not have a life because I spend most of my time at work. When I am on call over a weekend, I will often work 12 days in a row and I am physically and mentally exhausted at the end of the stretch. They should hire staff just for the weekends.
Questionable job security. Everyone is paranoid about losing their jobs. Employees disappear frequently and it is always hushed over
I try to be proud of my work product but I have to grade patients low on functional assessments to make them look good to Medicare when they are discharged from our service. I feel this is lying and that I spend more time fudging the charts than treating the actual patient.
Suggestions for improvement
- Work assignments should not come from numerous sources. Currently I get my patient load from more than three sources and neither of them are aware of what the other one is doing. Assignments should be more linear so that there is more accountability and direct accountability.
- Allow quiet places where employees can work so there is no sensory overload
What I like about the company
They offer a certain degree of flexibility to express your creativity as a nurse.
What I dislike about the company
They are relentlessly killing me both physically and mentally to meet a prescribed number of patient visits for their productivity.
The following benefits were offered to me
- CompanyCommunity Nurse and Home Care
- Are you a Current or Former Employee?Current employee
- DepartmentHigher-level services in healthcare and nursing