Endless challenges and rewards. Opportunities on six continents. A team of colleagues fueled by collaboration. All this, and a company deeply committed to integrity and responsibility.
The Dell collective
Culture thrives when people really live it. We set standards for how we define ourselves as inventors and business people, and then we set goals for how we want to grow. Our people not only help us define those principles, but they also live those values and standards.
Dell supports your growth
Just as you work hard every day to provide technology and solutions that give people the power to do more, Dell provides programs to power your career growth and development. Our programs help team members emerge as leaders through mentorship, encouragement, and opportunities that are just the right blend of rewards and challenges.
We invest in our people and have developed a series of special programs that enables you to pursue a career that fulfills your ambitions and potential. From one-on-one meetings with mentors to regular 360-degree feedback and routine check-ins with a long-term career plan, these programs give you ample opportunity to carve your own path toward leadership.
Still in school? Check out our Joining from University
section to learn more about how Dell supports your career from the beginning. After you join, you have the opportunity to join programs designed to build your skills in supply chain to finance to operations to leadership and from entry-level all the way to executive-level.
How we work. How we lead.
We know our culture matters in how we run the business, how we go to market, and how we lead each other. It describes what we care about, the things in which we’re willing to invest and the rules that define us as a team.
Our culture is defined by our values and made real every day by how we work and lead. We know our culture is the foundation for all we’ve achieved, and for all the success ahead of us. This is our culture code. #CultureCode.
Dell’s People Strategy is designed to help us attract the world’s greatest talent and deliver breakthrough performance for our customers, our business and our team members. Our goal is to ensure that Dell is a compelling destination where team members feel valued, engaged and inspired to do their best work.
Supporting our team members:
- through hiring (University Relations and schools). At Dell, we want to attract the best and brightest to help create the best technology in the world to advance human potential.
- through a connected workplace. Connected Workplace strategic business initiative to create a highly mobile, collaborative and flexible working environment.
- through training and leader development. We encourage ongoing learning and development through various learning methods.
- through Employee Resource Groups (ERGs). We have 11 ERGs that all team members can join to network, develop skills, and give back to their community.
- through employer of choice recognitions. We are honored to be recognized for our partnerships with diverse communities.
- through Tell Dell. Tell Dell is important to our culture. We want all team members to have a voice in how we interact with one another around the globe.
Join the workplace of the future
Technology now makes it possible to work from almost anywhere. Creating a sustainable and innovative business is becoming more important. And, today’s employee wants to work differently.
At Dell you can work hard for our customers while creating a happy and successful life outside the office. Our journey towards a more flexible work culture started has evolved since before 2009. Now we have a wide variety of options for our team members to choose from, that drive great results for the business no matter how or where they get it done. For this reason, we’re proud of the investments we’ve made in workplace innovation and IT solutions that empower our teams to do their best work however it works best for them.
Do your best work in the way which works best for you.
Flexibility is a key aspect of Dell's business strategy that enables us to compete for the best talent. An opportunity to promote changes in cultural norms, leadership practices and work processes to the benefit of individuals and the business, and a new way to approach work in terms of how, where and when work is conducted.
As part of our People Strategy, Connected Workplace encourages employees to find new ways to work, and focuses on driving business results rather than looking at where work is done. Our Connected Workplace program enable eligible team members to choose the style which best fulfills a team members needs both in their job and their personal life. The Connected Workplace options for flexible work that are available to you are:
- Mobile (Telework): Perform full-time job responsibilities from one to four days a week at a site other than primary location pursuant to a formal, ongoing work schedule or arrangement.
- Remote work: Perform full-time responsibilities exclusively from a location outside of the primary location (no dedicated workspace on site).
When mobile and remote aren’t available or cannot work for you, we also have other flexible work options to fit your specific need such as flextime, part-time, job sharing or compressed work week.
Flexible work practices also help to conserve natural resources and energy, reduce transportation-related pollution, promote public safety and lessen the strain on transportation systems. It also allows us to maximize our use of office space, supporting team members in working where and when they’re most productive and minimizing our operating costs and environmental impact.
We understand tools, technology and training are imperative for remote or mobile team members to cultivate personal connections, build strong teams and manage a dispersed global workforce. Therefore, we continue to invest in and encourage team members to utilize resources available to them such as virtual training offerings and a dependable IT infrastructure.