- Dxp Enterprises, Inc.26.Sep 2017
After the oil and gas crisis the company culture dropped dramatically. Drastically changed the attitude around the office.
Support from management
Moment unless it suits them
It’s every man for himself
Freedom to work independently
It takes forever for a manager to get back to you on a question. Their doors are either closed or they’re on their phone. Even if you instant message them or email them it takes forever for them to respond.
Attitude towards older colleagues
Habit of getting rid of u right before you retire
There is no room to griw
Overall compensation for your work
They stopped raises, bonuses, 402k March several years ago. Closed locations and gave everyone 10x more work.
Office / Work Environment
Nothing much to say here
U never know here
Inclusive / Diverse
Suggestions for improvement
- Management refuses input from fellow employees with regards to new hires. They continue to hire less than qualified applicants who would half to work with you. They refuse your input and then wonder why they have to fire the person and start the hiring process over again
What I like about the company
That we get Jean Fridays. Honestly after a four-year fight to get Jean and casual Fridays that’s really the only thing I like about this company
What I dislike about the company
Upper management is never available. They always sit in their offices with the doors closed and act like you’re bothering them when you try to ask a question. You email them for advisement on special requests and it takes 24 hours or more for them to respond most sit there on Facebook or their phones or listing to music all day and when you receive attitude or an issue from a salesman they get on your case because you were “nice enough“ to them.
The following benefits were offered to me
- CompanyDxp Enterprises, Inc.
- Are you a Current or Former Employee?Current employee
- DepartmentLogistics/materials management