- Florida Hospital Centra Care08.Jan 2016
Suggestions for improvement
- (1) Make sound personnel policy, based on data and logic. The pay is not bad, but the disrespectful attitude exhibited towards our families is the prime motivator for people to leave it seems. (2) Education and sound clinical experience should be required for persons in management. I am not joking. Its crazy to have people with only HS diplomas at best running clinics and programs. It drives educated and experienced people to the brink because of the sheer volume of inane and ill informed decisions.
What I like about the company
Good benefits package
What I dislike about the company
Management has neither experience or formal education. This is a billion dollar revenue generator that is run like a mom and pop grocery store. The ignorance is suffocating. Secondly, the holiday policy is an insult. Employees are paid a meager 12% to work on Christmas and Thanksgiving, away from family. Lastly, you never get off work on time. Never. If you close at 8 and someone walks in the door at 759, you have to treat them. There is no cutoff for registration and this simply encourages people to come in at the last minute. Turnover is an atrocity. 9/10 emails I read are requests for coverage due to short staffing. They seem willing to pay outrageous overtime, but not to make simple fixes to stop the exodus of employees, which again is likely a reflection of management decisions that are based in intuition and reactivity rather than solid data. I cannot wait to get out of here and accepting my current position was a huge mistake. There is no room for growth either for clinical staff.
The following benefits were offered to me
- CompanyFlorida Hospital Centra Care
- Are you a Current or Former Employee?Current employee
- DepartmentMedical emergency services