- Gatehouse Media, Tribune, Sault Evening News, Propel Digital Marketing16.Dec 2015
Suggestions for improvement
- Since office conditions are cramped and the cleanliness seemed questionable to me, I would allow ad reps to work out of home offices and skip the long drive to the office in Cheboygan. My round trip was 96 miles, and the other reps had similar commutes.
- Make sure that all your ad reps have accounts that are open and in business at the time they are issued to the representative.
What I like about the company
They publish the Mackinac Journal, a fine regional publication that is a good vehicle for advertising sales.
What I dislike about the company
It offered the lowest base pay I ever had, I was given Summer seasonal accounts in February, and in my opinion non-viable accounts overall, I received no training on in house procedures. I was given a makeshift desk underneath a gaping hole in the wall and ceiling which dripped and splashed dirty water into my briefcase and desk periodically.
- CompanyGatehouse Media, Tribune, Sault Evening News, Propel Digital Marketing
- Are you a Current or Former Employee?Former job since 2015