- gc services29.May 2018
Management speaks daily of being "Above the Line" but is only words and nothing more. When the GM cam conjugate a complete sentence he is only regurgitating what he read and expects it to become culture.
Support from management
Upper management, none. Unless you went to the same college, engage in outside work activities, date or family to upper management you are on your own.
At the unit manager very good! Senior managers depends on who you are assigned 40% are good, the other 60% are self serving and lazy. Worse at the Collection manager position with only 2 good managers. The PM and GM are mentally absent and only looking to line his and her pockets.
Freedom to work independently
Gc is "old school" and suppresses thinking outside the box. Their belief in the "trust the process" mentally is making GC a relic in the industry and resulting in losing large and profitable clients.
Outside a very select few no one knows what is really going on. Decisions are made at the last minute with very little forethought and poor execution. Constant changes to give the illusion things are being done but continually results in recycling previously failed initiatives.
Again government contracts dictate and ensure equity. Many positions have been filled based on merit of checking a demographic box regardless of tenure, talent and ability.
Attitude towards older colleagues
Often seen as disposable and not keeping up, even though the tenured management are the pace setters of the office.
Non existant. The MT program is a joke, poorly developed, executed and lacks commitment to training and developing people.
Overall compensation for your work
Previous bonus potential, yes! Salary for the position and tenure, a resounding NO! Unless you are an executive you are paid well below the industry standards and local wage tables.
Office / Work Environment
Ehhh, at the employee level great! Least responsibility and sweet perks of flexible scheduling based on performance, bonuses and contest. Managers are left out in the cold even when handing out recognition and opportunity to advance or get decent annual increase (which rarely covers the annual health insurance increase)
Relativity clean and modern facilities, at least in Knoxville. Other offices in other cities no so much.
Employees work 40 hours, pretty easy work and good bonus potential. Managers are required to 45 to 50 minimum and spread thin doing administrative tasks.
Poor in the communities inwhich they operate as an employer and within the industry.
Unless you are in "the clique" or family to a senior executive there is no job security.
The student loan work as well as the first party client is straight forward and very repetitive.
Inclusive / Diverse
On the Student Loan contracts GC does not have a choice has they are very heavily regulated and audited.
Suggestions for improvement
- The future for the student loan clients is all but dead so it could very well take care of itself. GC was not renewed for the next contract. Sadly this gives upper management an out but ultimately GC and it's lack of leadership have the client reasons not to select the organization. Get an operating system and IT platform within the last 10 years at least! Ditch the old antiquated DOS based system ducking the life out of your employees.
What I like about the company
The line level employees and managers for the most part are hard working people and are generally great to work beside.
The bonuses were great, although you earned them!
What I dislike about the company
Empty promises, The constant lack of communication and conflicting priorities. Upper management routinely makes decisions based on their casual observations and personal feelings without remotely being of the knowledge of day to day operations.
Cliques and nepotism run deep, very deep.
The following benefits were offered to me
- Companygc services
- Are you a Current or Former Employee?Former employee