- Golden State Foods Corp04.May 2018
Although corporate for the most part has good intentions, this place is just has an incestuous culture full of cronyism and nepotism.
Support from management
Unperceptive to issues unless interferes with production.
Place is rife with internal power struggles.
Freedom to work independently
Can work effectively independently, but if you run to effectively people won't recognize you add value.
HR is too company focused and associates are made to feel expendable, and treated patronizingly if not part of management plan.
I had no issues with this.
The only reason this facility cares about safety, is what it costs them to not be safe. Facility is a quarter mile from a contaminated facility (Quemetco), and has high power radio towers nearby.
Suggestions for improvement
- Listen to your employees, if they tell you there is a problem with their managers or material loss it is real. The culture make employees reticent to come forward.
What I like about the company
Some good people here, but will have hard time keeping great people with the internal issues.
What I dislike about the company
It doesn't feel genuine. It attempts to be inclusive, but huge disparity between salaried and production
The following benefits were offered to me
- CompanyGolden State Foods Corp
- CityCity of Industry
- Are you a Current or Former Employee?Former employee
- DepartmentLogistics/materials management