- Greenwood Elementary School13.Nov 2015
The staff was very nice as was the prinicpal.
Support from management
Very poor I was informed on the first day of school that she didn't want me as her assistant. THE FIRST DAY!
Again the teacher I worked with did not want to work with me. As the sole person to do my review where was I going?
Freedom to work independently
None my desk was used by the teacher I worked for she allowed for no autonomy.
Not good between the principal and human resources and my teacher. Again, she didn't want to work with me.
Overall compensation for your work
There were none even though I'm a certified teacher. I didn't even get pay when I was sick.
Suggestions for improvement
- Try to hire by having the people who will directly work with the employee have a say in who gets hired. What good is it to have a principal and human resources hire when the person works directly with a teacher that can give a poor review? The employee has no one to verify the real quality of their work.
- Wait until the schools actually have money to hire to work. Although that may be years good luck!
What I like about the company
The Principal was very nice and the staff were all easy to work around.
What I dislike about the company
The pay was very poor. My supervisor was a teacher I was hired to assist. She wanted no part of me and argued that fact with the principal right in from of me. I was informed I was the wrong candidate on the first day of work. When I had to leave the job due to a family emergency the human resources department refused to give any information out that even would confirm my employment dates. Frankly, in all my years it was one of the worst jobs I had.
The following benefits were offered to me
- CompanyGreenwood Elementary School
- CityKennett Square
- Are you a Current or Former Employee?Former job since 2015