- Horizon Healthcare Associates31.Aug 2016
Not the best place to work
There are several members in upper management with personal relationships with each other which drastically affect the business acumen.
Support from management
There is no training model in place. Leadership expects staff to be able to perform without any formal training and wants staff to be able to use their own resources such as other coworkers and Google to find medical information.
There is a lack of teamwork and appropriate work ethic among some staff. Staff that share personal relationships with management are held to a separate standard than others. Some staff members can openly refuse certain work and will not be reprimanded.
There is little to no room for career advancement.
The schedule is that of a typical 9-5 with holidays off.
The organization is currently experiencing restructuring and has been for several years. No employee raises or bonuses have been given in the last five years.
Suggestions for improvement
- Management should invest more in employee training. Practice treating all employees fairly and consistently. Be mindful of the effect personal relationships has in the workplace. Treat all employees respectfully.
What I like about the company
Horizon health care has fabulous physicians who are intelligent, good natured and are well liked by their patients and staff.
What I dislike about the company
There is a terrible manage system in place that needs to be completely restructured.
The following benefits were offered to me
- CompanyHorizon Healthcare Associates
- Are you a Current or Former Employee?Former job since 2016
- DepartmentHigher-level services in healthcare and nursing