Skip over menu?
  

Horizon Worldwide Inc.:What's it like to work here?

United States Industry Printing/Packaging
Skip over sub-menu?
Horizon Worldwide Inc.Horizon Worldwide Inc.Horizon Worldwide Inc.
This company does not
provide content for this profile
Is this Your Company?
Claim your profile now

Review averages

  • 1 employee says

    Excellent (0)
    0%
    Good (0)
    0%
    Satisfactory (0)
    0%
    Subpar (1)
    100%
    1.61
  • 0 applicants say

    Excellent (0)
    0%
    Good (0)
    0%
    Satisfactory (0)
    0%
    Subpar (0)
    0%
    0.00

Reviews for Horizon Worldwide Inc.

Reviews - What employees say

1.61 Employees say
0.00 Applicants say
  • 16.Nov 2016
  • Employee

Support from management

Management will always talk about changing things, however there is never any follow through. It seems like they want to avoid conflict or confrontation, and will try to pass the problem to someone else to try and solve the situation.
This had discouraged employees from going to management when a problem arises, and just dealing with a problem until it becomes a serious issue.

Teamwork

The teams will work well together, when they are told to work together. However, talking to co-workers for too long may make management think you are slacking off, so working in a team becomes difficult. For the most part, the work environment is more of a 'every man for themselves' kind of environment.

Internal Communication

Communication was pretty much never there. If something changed in the company, i.e introducing a new product, changing company policies. These things were usually told to the employees when a problem was out of hand.
This was also a big problem when it came to artist critique: the artist/ designers never knew if their art was going in the right direction. We were told our art is good by supervisors, but when the art was taken to the higher ups, we would be told our art is bad and not 'sellable'. The supervisors would not speak up for the artists, and would agree with the higher ups that yes, the art is bad, and was never good.
After that, it is hard to trust the communication coming from higher ups or managers.

Career Development

In the artist/ design department, there does not seem to be opportunities to move up in the company. This opportunity only presents itself when a manager quits out of frustration, and all their responsibilities are dropped on whoever the higher-ups find fit. With these new responsibilities, a raise or salary position are not guaranteed, and most times never given. For this reason, motivation is always low.

Overall compensation for your work

No; the amount of art we create does not match the hourly pay we receive.

Office / Work Environment

good things: artists get to work with cintiqs, its always cold (can be a con for some people), desks have cork boards
Cons: LED lights create a glare on the cintiq, and can strain the eyes. Chairs have not been replaced in a long time, some are broken. Floors always dirty, and it always seems like the offices are 'under construction' in some areas.

Work-Life Balance

There are only 3 sick days per year, a week of paid vacation and most federal holidays are paid. The thing that was upsetting was if you wanted to take an unpaid vacation, you could not take more than a week off. If you wanted to take more than a week of unpaid vacation, you have to resign from the job, and reapply when coming back from vacation. There's a 99% chance that you will get hired, but it's the 1% that's worrying.

Job Security

There is always anxiety that you may be fired for a minor thing. The art department is dwindling and moving in a different direction, it seems that management wants to get rid of the artists.
Employees are always on guard, making sure we're not doing anything that will upset management whether its looking at our phone to see the time, or talking to our co-workers.

Handicapped Accessibility

I have never had the experience of working with someone with a disability, so I can't speak to this.

Challenging Work

Creating art has not been challenging, nor is there any time to put creativity into your work. The art created are heavily inspired by home decor pieces already in the market. The pieces that I was proud of always took a while to make, which was not acceptable as we have to meet a quota every day and there is never time to go back and develop pieces to their full potential. It has become draining to do the thing I love, which is create art.

Inclusive / Diverse

Diverse ideas are not welcome; we have to create art closely resembling what is already selling on different art sites. Anything outside of these ideas are discouraged.

Company Culture
1.00
Support from management
1.00
Teamwork
2.00
Freedom to work independently
3.00
Internal Communication
1.00
Gender Equality
3.00
Attitude towards older colleagues
3.00
Career Development
1.00
Overall compensation for your work
1.00
Office / Work Environment
3.00
Environmental Friendliness
1.00
Work-Life Balance
1.00
Company Image
1.00
Job Security
1.00
Handicapped Accessibility
1.00
Workplace Safety
3.00
Challenging Work
1.00
Inclusive / Diverse
1.00

The following benefits were offered to me

Parking is offered Paid time off is offered
  • Company
    Horizon Worldwide Inc.
  • City
    Houston
  • Are you a Current or Former Employee?
    Current employee
  • Position
    Employee
  • Department
    Design

Other company profiles


Other visitors also viewed

Review averages

  • 1 employee says

    Excellent (0)
    0%
    Good (0)
    0%
    Satisfactory (0)
    0%
    Subpar (1)
    100%
    1.61
  • 0 applicants say

    Excellent (0)
    0%
    Good (0)
    0%
    Satisfactory (0)
    0%
    Subpar (0)
    0%
    0.00

kununu score comparisons

Horizon Worldwide Inc.
1.61
1 review

Industry average (Printing/Packaging)
3.06
18,191 reviews

kununu average
3.38
3,504,000 reviews