- Horrible experience at Pine Belt Mental Healthcare Resources09.Sep 2018
Suggestions for improvement
- I’m not sure if anything can be done. I think it has gone as is for so long. This company would have to start at scratch to improve how they train employees and how they structure services provided. But they could start with improving how they treat employees by increasing employee appreciation. And not by having a one day a year employee celebration with food and cake.
What I like about the company
I’ve worked along side hardworking people who have love the clients and have learned how to do the best they can with the resources they have. I have a coworker who uses her creativity to make things special for clients.
The wonderful staff I work with are wonderful in themselves; they lack training and support from administrators but still do their best.
I have built relationships with clients that, at times, have been rewarding.
What I dislike about the company
-The constant focus on production versus quality of services. I can’t remember a time where I was given feedback on a service I provided.
- There is a lack of structure. In regards to how services are provided, documentation and even how long clients should receive services.
- POOR PAY. You are expected to wear many hats, work independently, use your creativity and you are paid so little.
- No training or support. I have to make up a lot of what I do and also make sure that it is “legitimate” care.
- Staff shortage, which makes it difficult to take time off, even if you have the paid time off.
The following benefits were offered to me
- CompanyHorrible experience at Pine Belt Mental Healthcare Resources
- Are you a Current or Former Employee?Current employee