- InTeliCare Home Health Services26.Jan 2016
Unhealthy, no meaningful, direct conversation.
Support from management
Support is provided in the way it is believed support is needed. Individual needs are not considered regarding support.
The office culture promotes unrest and mistrust.
Freedom to work independently
Both square pegs and round pegs need to fit the same mold. Individual gifts and talents are not necessary or encouraged.
Confusing. Multiple, often conflicting, messages.
Equality present for all.
Attitude towards older colleagues
There are no long-standing colleagues. No one lasts that long with this employer and employer is fairly new. Age is not a deterrent to employment.
Opportunity for career development is one of the initial attractions to this company. The proverbial "too good to be true" may apply to the realistic ability to grow and develop in this environment. Get EVERYTHING in writing. Be sure expectations on both sides are clearly defined and written down.
Overall compensation for your work
Compensation is good, very fair, often generous.
Office / Work Environment
Physical environment is acceptable.
Unrealistic expectations given company constraints and industry market.
Expectation is work. One cannot invest enough time.
Do your research. Ask many questions of others in this industry from outside this organization. You cannot do enough research, really!
Fit the mold; keep your job. Propose new ideas and implement change; find new employment.
Office and services both accessible.
Physically a reasonably safe office environment.
Work is nearly impossible with so many other organizations present in the industry. Insurance constraints (lack of payer sources) prevent growth. This is definitely challenging work, albeit in an unhealthy manner. Emotionally be ready for toil. Extremely difficult to meet expectations for this company. No time given for realistic ramp up or learning curve. Also no formal orientation or training.
Inclusive / Diverse
Independent thinking is discouraged. New ideas are not welcome. "Work the InTeliCare way." Questions regarding best practices and ideas for efficiency are not encouraged or welcomed.
Suggestions for improvement
- Conduct a transparent recruiting process. Share your true, actual expectations prior to hire. Allow staff to do the job for which they were hired. Allow a team approach to be developed with all staff. Allow a one dimensional supervisory reporting structure and let staff report to one supervisor rather than reporting to multiple people. Embrace positive encouragement, allow creativity. Begin seeing staff as investments rather than disposable. Support staff and management by maintaining integrity in lines of open communication. Continue your generous spirit and begin to embody strength from building people up. Recognize the reality of what is necessary for success in this business. Allow professional freedom to accomplish what is necessary.
What I like about the company
The product remains proprietary, and the clinical staff are excellent!
What I dislike about the company
High stress, high pressure, micromanagement, inferior industry esteem, misrepresentation in recruiting process, product and business practices do not fit into geographic industry standards. Imposed urgency with impossible ability to meet expectations.
The following benefits were offered to me
- CompanyInTeliCare Home Health Services
- CityGrand Rapids
- Are you a Current or Former Employee?Former job since 2015
- DepartmentMarketing/product management