- KUCC, Refinery, SLC UTMar 17, 2016
Are you a Current or Former Employee? Former job since 2015
Foreign managers have laid-off those who cared enough to speak-out, & have destroyed employee moral that was present prior to 2014. Old KUC motto was "Our employees are our greatest asset" to current motto "Our customers are our greatest asset." That kind of sums up the how they feel about their employees, (replaceable or disposable).
Suggestions for improvement
- These suggestions are not inclusive of everything that could be done but are a few of the major issues observed while working at Kennecott and the Kennecott Refinery. 1.
- Need to use local management who care for the community, employees, environment, and the company. 2.
- Management needs to be more mature. Have EXPERIENCE and COMMON SENSE so that they have the ability to see the bullshit and make good business decisions. 3.
- Need to rebuild the Six-Sigma and Reliability programs and terminate the high-priced Lean-Kaizen consultants who have no stake in Kennecott. 4.
- Management needs to spend more time out in the work place so they can understand the problems and issues for the hourly employees. Kennecott tried this idea but it turned into a Nazi Gestapo management activity that created distrust between the employees and management. They even required management and leadership employees read Covey’s “The Speed of Trust” book in an effort to rebuild trust but management then went and implemented the opposite of what is recommended in the book.