- Lee Memorial Health System09.Dec 2015
Suggestions for improvement
- Listen to your employees who work the trenches. THEY are the ones who are the caring people caring for people.
I like about the employer
Fellow employees were great and teamwork was amazing in my department. Frontline management in my department (clinical coordinators)was top notch, worked right alongside us, never afraid of hard/challenging work or "getting their hands dirty."
I dislike about the employer
1. It's a monopoly
2. Once you hit the top of your pay scale (after about 10 yrs for me), there are no more raises. Seriously, I made the same hourly rate for almost 15 years after topping out.
3. Some departments managers were *very* vindictive. The two worst that I personally experienced were finally asked to resign (an option given to them as opposed to being terminated), however not before they damaged and/or destroyed plenty of frontline employee's careers.
4. Once a person has been blackballed, there isn't even a different hospital locally where they can get a job. Makes earning a living quite difficult for those with specialized medical degrees and training.