- Long Island state veterans home23.Nov 2015
Support from management
The evening shift leadership is terrible. They are never around when needed and they will cover themselves and hang you out to dry.
Suggestions for improvement
- Put someone with knowledge in the supervision position on evenings. Someone who assists their nursing staff and supports them while helping them learn at the same time.
What I like about the company
They take excellent care of their residents.
What I dislike about the company
The evening staff is discriminatory and not helpful. They are supposed to be support to nursing staff and are rarely useful.
The following benefits were offered to me
- CompanyLong Island state veterans home
- CityStony Brook
- Are you a Current or Former Employee?Former job since 2012
- DepartmentHigher-level services in healthcare and nursing