- Main Line Health Inc08.Dec 2015
At one time, it was a decent place to work, then it evolved into every man for himself
Support from management
Very little support from admin. Most have forgotten what it's like to be on the units.
Teamwork between the support staff is great, but the teamwork between the nurses and the support staff is lacking.
If you work in a nursing area and plan to become a nurse, you'll get all the support in the world, otherwise don't bother.
Office / Work Environment
You rarely have all of the tools needed to do your job, i.e. Hoyer lifts
Many don't speak fondly. Most would say the organization is less about caring for the patient and more about saving a buck.
Entire departments have been eliminated and the duties absorbed by others. Sometimes you would have a week to learn a new job and be proficient at it.
Inclusive / Diverse
Very inclusive. While I was employed there, there were zero persons of color holding any administrative positions. Very few doctors of color and a small handful of nurses of color. However in the support areas as well as in dietary and environmental services, there is a great number of persons of color.
Suggestions for improvement
- Listen to your employees. Give them the help and support they ask for. Also stop creating an environment where everyone is looking over their shoulder and throwing one another under the bus in order to save their own jobs.
The following benefits were offered to me
- CompanyMain Line Health Inc
- Are you a Current or Former Employee?Former job since 2013
- DepartmentNon-cert. nursing support/nursing support