- Medical Information Technology, Inc.21.Jun 2018
Management will make or break you happiness
Suggestions for improvement
- Throughout my 8+ years as an employee, I have found that management is the ultimate test to determine your happiness, motivation, and excitement for a position. I had one fantastic manager, who took the time to invest their time in my career, and truly worked to see me succeed. For the two years I was with this manager, I flourished as an individual, as well as helped create new goals for the team. Unfortunately, as the saying goes, all good things must come to an end. The remaining years, we went through multiple organizational reorganizations. Each new reorganization came with managers who only had their interests in sight. Our team became overworked, under appreciated, constantly pressured, and stressed. I hope things have changed since I have left.
What I like about the company
As an entry-level, straight from college graduate, the first position I took with the company was as an implementation specialist. I loved being able to travel the country, see places I wouldn't have otherwise, meeting new people, and teaching.
What I dislike about the company
In the later years, there was a lot of secrecy in the office (rather than the open atmosphere from when I started). I witnessed a lot of people getting thrown under the bus just so others could advance their personal career.
- CompanyMedical Information Technology, Inc.
- Are you a Current or Former Employee?Former employee
- DepartmentMarketing/product management