- Microscan Systems, Inc.28.Apr 2017 (Last edit 29.Apr 2017)
Suggestions for improvement
- 1) Employ US citizens ONLY. 2) Refuse to do business in countries with bad worker safety, human rights, and environmental policies. 3) Actively help and give back to the community. 4) Sourcing from USA will save American jobs and families. 5) If you're going to destroy livelihoods by plundering a company you acquire, the LEAST you should do is give a GENEROUS retraining and compensation package. 6) Make realistic lifecycle goals and provide adequate funding to achieve those goals. 7) Pulse surveys to benchmark employee engagement. Alter company policies accordingly. 8) Move out of the "Soviet" management mentality. Scrap outmoded progressive discipline policies and yearly reviews. 9) Institute a company wide paradigm shift to reward and reinforce positive results IN REAL TIME
What I like about the company
Technicians, Engineers and managers often had to travel to address design issues. This made life interesting. Also they were having considerable difficulty not only finding but also retaining talent. This made them fairly easy to get into.
What I dislike about the company
1) There is extraordinary turnover in the upper levels of the company. I had a hard time keeping track of whom to contact in Logistics, Quality and management.
2) Virtually all of the good managers had jumped ship by the time I'd arrived. OMG, the HR woman who brought me into the company left before my 1st day.
3) They refused to manufacture 95% of their material in the USA and used 3rd world sweatshops instead.
4) They purchased a small company called LVS for its technology. Microscan callously laid off all the employees who poured their heart and soul into LVS for 10-20 years. Hey, thanks for your service, now get the he!! out.
5) One of the managers was supposedly an illegal alien for a number of years.
6) The design process is rushed without key oversights. This results in overworked employees and critical design failures.
7) I never had enough resources to properly do my job because of "budgetary constraints"
8) No rewards program for milestone achievements. Employees are motivated by the stick, not the carrot.
The following benefits were offered to me
- CompanyMicroscan Systems, Inc.
- Are you a Current or Former Employee?Former job since 2015
- PositionNot specified