- MOTOROLA SOLUTIONS, INC08.Dec 2016
Morale is LOW
Support from management
Expectations are not realistic, goals are given, and feedback is frowned upon
Employees work together, and are always is "what is the best we can do" mode
feedback at a high level is given every 3 mo's.
Career opportunities are available for everyone, that I have seen.
Attitude towards older colleagues
Older means more expensive
There is web training, and then implimentation- followed by a couple of months of chaos.
Overall compensation for your work
Yrly compensation is adequate.
Office / Work Environment
work environment is good
I have seen recycling bins.
Does not exist at the Motorola Solutions that I worked in.
There were alot of changes in my tenure at Mot. So there is some pride to that.
Every qtr there is a restructuring. That has gone on since the early 2000's. Security is a word, not a feeling.
It's challenging, bordering on impossible.
Suggestions for improvement
- Senior Leadership needs to take a course on work/life mgmt. Not an online course, but an actual class. Also, positive feedback is not a crime.
- I would suggest that senior mgmt hold a garage sale, in there neighborhood. Place items from mot on the sale, tshirts, cups, pens, umbrellas. Over the entire day, you will have numerous people come and comment about how they use to work there. Actually the number will be shocking.
What I like about the company
Location, and pay.
What I dislike about the company
When I started it was about the products and customers, now it's about P&L and survival.
The following benefits were offered to me
- CompanyMOTOROLA SOLUTIONS, INC
- Are you a Current or Former Employee?Former job since 2016
- DepartmentLogistics/materials management