- Myrtle Beach Seaside Seaside26.Jan 2016
Suggestions for improvement
- Look up what "work-life" balance is. Just because someone is sitting in a chair for 9 hours does not mean they are doing 9 hours worth of work. Giving someone an hour lunch break and letting them come in at 9 instead of 8 you will see a much happier employee who gets quality work done on time. This is a good company with Good Hearted people that run it. You just need to give your employees time to enjoy their life and do things outside of work. Not everyone lives to work, and once the owners understand that they will find quality employees that don't hate their jobs.
What I like about the company
The people are great. The atmosphere is nice.
What I dislike about the company
No lunch breaks. Expected to work from 8-5 while taking a "working lunch"
No holidays are given(thanksgiving, christmas, etc) and if you want those days of you are expected to use your "vacation" days which don't come into effect for an entire year. The "salaried" employees are expected to work "longer" hours than the "hourly" employees but are treated with no extra benefits. There is absolutely no "work-life" balance here and that's due to some cultural difference between the owners and the employees. This is a good job for someone directly out of school or who has a family and no ambitions of going higher in their career. Its going to be hard for them to retain talent for a position that requires a specialized skill set when so many other companies are offering way more incentives to keep employees happy.
The following benefits were offered to me
- CompanyMyrtle Beach Seaside Seaside
- CityMyrtle Beach
- Are you a Current or Former Employee?Current employee
- DepartmentMarketing/product management