- Nursing in General (Nursing Homes)09.Feb 2016
As a long working health care worker I would just like to say Nursing is no longer a feel-good job.
Ratio of resident to nurse/aide is vastly inadequate. The state needs to revise these standards.
It is not possible to give residents the care they deserve and are paying for.
Conditions for elderly are poor at best and are and will only be getting worse.
Now there are Home-Care Businesses popping up all over and from experience, I can tell you many are not good.
Many nurses/aides are their own worst enemy by not speaking up and/or taking shortcuts to compensate.
One can only hope someone with authority looks into the conditions tolerated in Nursing/Aides.
Suggestions for improvement
- These suggestions/questions are answered in the first question. I have serious doubts anything will be changed.
The following benefits were offered to me
- CompanyNursing in General (Nursing Homes)
- Are you a Current or Former Employee?Former employee
- DepartmentNon-cert. nursing support/nursing support