- PUYALLUP TRIBE OF INDIANS03.Dec 2015
Suggestions for improvement
- HR should have a more open review and not take the word of one individual. There should be more clear and defined reasoning and appeal process for corrective or punitive action. I saw too many good workers who were let go on technicalities because someone, who disliked them, was in a position of power, hierarchically or politically.
- Most departments have very clear and defined rolls for the different positions, but some, like mine, were very vague and needed functions were sometimes either personally adopted or left unattended. Each function of the job should be assigned and have a backup and not left to drift. This leads to individuals adopting their personal methods exclusively and not feeling like they are responsible to the process.
What I like about the company
There are a lot of very dedicated people, working hard at making the organization work most efficiently, effectively and pleasantly for the employees. That is probably the majority. The organization recognizes employees as a whole well, but only longevity as individuals and only at the annual awards event.
What I dislike about the company
More political in some ways with Tribal politics, State politics, Federal politics and the ever present office politics. There is more of a drastic reaction to any offence, with no real appeal, especially if the individual is not liked by their supervisors.
The following benefits were offered to me
- CompanyPUYALLUP TRIBE OF INDIANS
- Are you a Current or Former Employee?Former job since 2015