- Rail Crew Xpress14.Dec 2015
Suggestions for improvement
- 1) Better Training for the NEW Dispatchers by knowledgeable dispatchers 2) A BETTER management team in San Antonio 3) A BETTER Safety training class for the employees. 4) PAY INCREASE for all ,
What I like about the company
The ONLY good thing about this company is the flexible hours. Although you ARE on a schedule to which they strictly adhere to when there are new employees, you can work more hours when they call you for extra 'Runs'
What I dislike about the company
1) No communication between management and employees. 2) Dispatchers are NOT trained properly, 3) But, the position of dispatcher is highly sought after by unknowledgeable employees (90% females) who are given the position above those who do have a) experience b) knowledge of the position and c) Run by inexperienced management personnel. One of the major reasons for a Hugh turnover is the pay scale. They hire everyone at minimum wage and keep them at the same wage even with those who decide to remain loyal $7.25 hrly. Even with the minimum wage going up in January, the rumor everyone has seen and heard, is that the Company (RCX) has lobbied to keep the wage at $7.25 for these part time employees.
The other point is that the Corporation has a Husband and wife owners who are or were involved as employees from Union Pacific. The San Antonio Division Management team are not involved with the employees at any point
The following benefits were offered to me
- CompanyRail Crew Xpress
- CitySan Antonio
- Are you a Current or Former Employee?Former job since 2015
- DepartmentLogistics/materials management