- Regency Technologies08.Dec 2015
There is ZERO company culture.
Support from management
Supervisors and managerial staff do not handle conflict well. There is a real sense of do as I say or else to them. Clear decisions are rare, and they involve employees on their decision making process to a small fractional point.
Other employees are helpful and willing to be helpful.
Freedom to work independently
The workload there is NOT distributed evenly. Nor is the pay scale.
Companies do that? We do have a few meetings a year, but they really like information about the inner workings of the company to be secretive.
I think they treat everyone equally crappy.
Attitude towards older colleagues
Long serving employees are treated about the same as everyone else.
There is VERY little room for career advancement here. There is no training program in this environment, and there arent many opportunities for personal development.
Overall compensation for your work
Pay is always on time! Wages do not match the responsibilities. This company takes advantage of displaced workers.
Office / Work Environment
Dusty work environment, most of the equipment we see is very dirty. There is zero ventilation, and we just got some heat last year.
Its a recycling company so Im assuming they are socially aware in the manner described.
I rarely hear anything positive about this company from anyone else that works there.
Most stable job you can have if youre willing to work!
Suggestions for improvement
- Have someone that actually HAS tech experience do the interviews. You would be a bit more impressive as a company If people felt coming in that they could actually learn from their peers. The management is terrible. Terrible attitudes, poor planning, and when they make decisions the people involved often are not in the loop unless it requires activity.
- Training program, competent management, a more interactive company experience, and culture are required in a business these days. Unless you want to look like you employ a football team in its off season for the rest of your existence...
What I like about the company
The people that work there, despite their sometimes terrible attitudes about their job, do have a wealth of knowledge. There are many people working there that have degrees, and have above average intelligence.
You get a broad variety of exposure to the consumer electronics industry. In the tech center they test and actively use almost every device sold at some point.
What I dislike about the company
If you are too good at any one job it makes moving up very very very difficult. Management seems to have some serious "chip on shoulder" attitude problems. They can be VERY rude and unprofessional the further up in the company you go. During my interview the guy was on the phone a LOT. Should have saw the writing on the wall then. If he didnt have time for interviews, then people were really being stretched thin all over.
The following benefits were offered to me
- CompanyRegency Technologies
- CitySolon, OH
- Are you a Current or Former Employee?Current employee