- Regional One Health15.Jun 2018
Suggestions for improvement
- Invest in evidence based quality and infection control activities. Increase the infection control and vascular access staff to help decrease infections and bring in evidence based products and implement evidenced based processes. Clean up the building and redo the general floor rooms and ORs. I would also give more to the employees so they stay; more money for conferences, books, and continuing education. The aeVS department needs an overhaul and the EVS staff need to be trained properly in the chemicals they use and how to clean and disinfect the patient rooms. The facility needs updating to include water damage and ORs need updating. The rooms are old and have multiple air conditioning failures and issues with bugs. The culture needs work as they have a high turnover rate and people stay a year or less. This is due to always being short staffed on the nursing floors as well as the strees from administration and a culture of blame. They are working on just culture but are still in the blaming mindset. This could be accomplished by more involved from managers working in the floor with the staff instead of sitting in an office all day. There is also a ton of nursing, resoiratiry, radiology and medical students not performing hand hygiene and evidenced based practices. The hospital needs updated policies and procedures and cometency training to insure consistent care. A big problem with medical students residents and fellows not following hand hygiene and using appropriate personnel protective equipment. They also don't know much about preventing infections, improving quality or using evidenced based practices. Being a level one trauma center there are multiple medical students training during traumas. The facility needs updating to the outside of the facilities and it is located in a pretty poor part of town and by the county jail. Faster emergency room times would be great. The emergency room is dirty and dusty and has cloth chairs which are dirty.
What I like about the company
They have a vision for the future of healthcare and the leaders are dedicated to providing the best care to their patients.
What I dislike about the company
Low budget for evidence based products, little money for continuing education, and high staff turnover rate.
- CompanyRegional One Health
- Are you a Current or Former Employee?Current employee
- PositionC-Suite / Leadership